Congratulations Kris Nebeker!
Spader Quarter Horses has chosen your submission,
Miss Cielo Valentine
Welcome to the 2015 Name The Foal Contest No. 2, brought to you by Working Horse Magazine and American Hat Company!
1. Post your name submissions in the comments section of the indicated post on the Working Horse Magazine Facebook Page, Working Horse Magazine Google+ Page, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Tell your friends to "like" Working Horse Magazine's Facebook page, and submit their entries too!
3. The contest will end on October 15th, 2015. There is no "set" time for ending- so get your entries in by October 14th to be safe. THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!
4. Winners will be determined by the owners of the filly, Spader Ranch Quarter Horses of Rosendale, MO. Their decision is theirs alone and final.
5. In the event the chosen name was submitted by multiple people, the one who submitted first in time (as determined by time stamps on Facebook comments or email) will be the winner.
6. It is advisable that you follow the AQHA naming criteria as this is a registered AQHA filly! (May not exceed 20 characters, no punctuation, etc) The owners are not looking for a "barn name", rather a registered name.
7. Prize is $150 towards a purchase from American Hat Company. If the product you choose is more than $150, additional cost as well as any shipping and handling incurred, are your responsibility. Winner will need to provide name, email, mailing address and telephone number to Working Horse Magazine so a representative of American Hat Company can contact you.
8. Previous winners of ANY contest sponsored by Working Horse Magazine in 2014 or 2015 are not eligible.
9. Enter as many times as you like.
10. Failure to comply with any of the official rules may result in disqualification.
$150 in product from American Hat Company!
STAY TUNED FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT WITH THE WINNING NAME!
The dam to this filly is Popular Valentine. She is a young daughter of AQHA World Champion and Superhorse, Popular Resortfigure, out of the Blue Max Hancock daughter SF Belle Dakota Blue-she is an interesting pedigree combination. A real athlete with a mind of gold! Popular Resortfigure has sired several PRCA calf horses-two that have made the NFR in the last two years-including Trevor Brazile's main mount.
This filly's sire was the reining powerhouse stallion, Gallo Del Cielo, who passed away this past August. "Rooster" was a cutting performer, but it didn’t take long to discover that many of his offspring excelled in the reining pen. At the time of his death, he was an Equi-Stat Elite $3 Million Reining Sire. His sons and daughters also shined as cow horses, elevating him to Equi-Stat Elite $1 Million Reined Cow Horse Sire status, as well. Including his offspring that excelled as cutters, ranch performers and rodeo mounts, Rooster sired 505 money-earning offspring that have earned a total of $5,822,284.
(Read more about Gallo Del Cielo: http://quarterhorsenews.com/#ixzz3n9lLSaPV)